Though I do save your files for future updates (file storage included in design fee), I am not responsible if files are lost or damaged. If you would like a copy of your master files to store yourself, please let us know. Otherwise, I claim no responsibility for file storage.
ADDITIONAL TERMS + CONDITIONS
- Your website design will include a footer linking to Claire Sempf Design.
- Design proofs not used are the property of Claire Sempf Design. Your website and any associated graphics are your property and I will be glad to provide you with the graphic files.
- Want to use a photo you found on Pinterest, Blogger or elsewhere on the Internet? I do not claim ownership of any of the photos utilized unless specified. Please keep in mind that CSD charges for design, not use of photos, as they are not my property. If you are the owner of a photo and wish to have it removed, please kindly email. If you are the site owner, I will replace your photo. I encourage credit of photos utilized. If you require additional stock photography or illustrations, the fee for these will be added to your final invoice.
- I utilize outside vendors including Photobucket and ImageShack for photo hosting. I am not responsible for any service issues or interruptions from these vendors. I do assume all costs associated with their services.
- I am not responsible for SEO, page views, analytics, any loss of content or traffic, any lapse in hosting or domain or any technical issues. It is your responsibility to keep WordPress and plugins updated. It is your responsibility to periodically test contact forms. Site security is the responsibility of you and your hosting provider. I am not responsible for any loss of profit or revenue. I am a graphic designer, not website host.
- I am not responsible if your website is hacked or otherwise compromised. This is the responsibility of your website host. It is your responsibility to keep your themes and plugins updated and to maintain your choice of site backup/site lock as offered by your hosting provider. I am not responsible for compromised passwords on installation or host.
- I am not responsible for 3rd party installed plug-ins (slideshows, contact forms, etc.). I generally use “Best in Practice” WordPress plug-ins but are not responsible for updates or lapse in plug-in functionality. I am not responsible for any loss of business, site traffic, sales, etc. due to any plugin or any other issues with your blog or site. It is your responsibility to check your site upon design installation to ensure that functionality works and is acceptable to you. It is your responsibility to monitor and test your contact forms and other plugins periodically to ensure proper functionality.
- I do reserve the right to charge a progress payment if your website takes longer than 1 to 2 months to complete. This payment will only be requested if the delay is on your end, which I completely understand, you’ve got a lot going on! This is not in addition to the design fee, it will just be a fraction of your final payment, generally 1/4.
- If your website takes longer than 1 year (365 days) to complete, consider your project terminated and you will need to pay a new deposit to restart the project.
- I reserve the right to terminate contract/agreement and/or services at any time. This does not include website hosting and domain registration, which are set up through a third-party vendor. In the event that my design services are terminated for any reason, a full refund will be issued minus hours for work complete. If you choose to terminate design services, the same conditions shall apply. Ever had a bad date? Well sometimes the designer-client relationship is like that, and it becomes apparent that we just don’t hit it off. I understand if this happens on either end, and the above conditions will apply. Being mean, nasty, yelling (yes, you can yell via email) or otherwise unpleasant is considered grounds for termination of services. Refund will be based on work completed at time of termination. Nice people only need apply. I reserve the right to terminate projects that become lengthy or burdensome.
- All websites are turn-key, changes or updates to your website site are not included in fee. I do provide technical support, but should a functionality issue arise with your site you will want to contact your site host/domain provider for assistance.
- Technical support. You will be provided with the contact information of your site host if you experience any technical disruptions to your website. Claire Sempf Design is not responsible for any lapse or disruption in your website. My goal is to design a solid website using the WordPress content management system that the client can either maintain on their own (eg. update text and photography).
- Design work of any sort does not bind Claire Sempf Design to any present or future obligation, including communication and updates with client.
- Completion of deposit constitutes automatic agreement to all terms.
- This information is subject to change or update as needed and does not represent any commitment on the part of Claire Sempf Design in the future.